Do you have an urge for a homemade cake but you don't feel like mixing up a bunch of ingredients or baking?
We have gathered together great selection of tasty microwave and no bake cake recipes to your liking and available at your fingertips.
You will see that cakes cooked in the microwave turn out to be very light and delicate with a tender crumb.
It also takes a fraction of the time one would normally allow for traditional baking oven.
For instance, Christmas cakes are moist and succulent and a good color, sponges brilliant, cheesecakes a dream. These are very easy recipes.
The children enjoy making no bake cakes as well as adults becuase it's literally as easy as mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl and putting them inside a microwavable dish.
All the tortes, gateax, chocolate cakes and family cakes you can think of do work with your microwave.
The answer to all microwaved cakes is to camouflage their pale tops and you will find instructions for them in the recipes below.
But first try this Microwave Black Forest Cherry Cake Recipe here:
1 cup plain (semi-sweet) chopped chocolate
2 cups self-rising flour
2 tbsp cocoa (unsweetened chocolate) powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ cup buttermilk and plain yogurt
cherry liquer or substitute
cherry jam or cherry fruit filling
1 1/4 whipped cream
crushed chocolate flake bar or grated chocolate
1. Closely line the base and sides of a straight-sided deep 20 cm/18in diameter soufflé dish with plastic wrap. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl on Defrost for 3-4 minutes, stirring twice. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking soda directly into a food processor bowl.
2. Add the melted chocolate with all the remaining ingredients and process for about 1 minute or until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture resembles a thick batter.
3. Spoon into the prepared dish and cover loosely with kitchen paper. Cook on full for 9-10 minutes, turning the dish twice, until the cake has risen to the rim of the dish and the top is covered with small, broken bubbles and looks fairly dry.
4. If any sticky patches remain, cook on full for further 20-30 seconds. Allow to stand in the microwave for about 15 minutes (the cake will fall slightly) then take it out and leave to cool completely.
5. Cold cut the cake horizontally into three layers and moisten each with cherry liquer. Sandwich together with Cherry Jam or cherry fruit filling.
6. Beat 1 1/4 cups of whipped cream until thick. Spread over the top and sides of cake. Press a crushed chocolate flake bar or grated chocolate against the sides, then decorate the top with halved cherries.